More wintry precipitation is expected to develop late this evening over the northwest sections of central Alabama.
An area of mixed weather precipitation will gradually spread eastward through the overnight and into Monday morning.
The NWS in Birmingham has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory for Blount, Cherokee, Etowah, Jefferson, Pickens and St. Clair counties in effect from 3 am to 9 am Monday.
* Timing… from 3 am until 9 am Monday.
* Location… generally along and north of a Tuscaloosa… to
Birmingham… to Gadsden line.
* Accumulations… less than one-tenth of an inch of freezing rain.
In addition, the NWS in Birmingham has issued a Winter Weather Advisory issued for Fayette, Lamar, Marion, Walker and Winston counties in effect from 10 pm this evening to 9 am Monday.
* Timing… from 10 PM tonight thru 9 am Monday.
* Location… generally along and north of a Vernon to Jasper line.
* Accumulations… up to one-tenth of an inch of snow… sleet… and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow… sleet… or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities… and use caution while driving.
This is a developing weather situation and the forecast for wintry precipitation could change to more or less as the event unfolds.