The National Weather Service in Birmingham has issued a Winter Storm Watch… which is in effect from early Thursday morning through Thursday afternoon.
* Event… accumulating ice in the watch area
* Timing… from 3 am Thursday morning through 3 pm Thursday afternoon.
* Location… areas along and north of a line from Millport to
Berry to Goodsprings.
* Accumulations… ice totals of one-quarter to three-tenths of an
inch are expected.
The National Weather Service in Huntsville has issued a Winter Storm Watch… which is in effect from late Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon.
* Timing and areas affected… rain is expected to transition to a
freezing rain mix between midnight and 3 am across Lauderdale, Colbert, Franklin, Lawrence and Limestone counties.
Rain is expected to transition to a freezing rain mix between 3 am and 6 am Thursday morning across portions of Madison, Morgan, and Cullman counties.
* Accumulations… ice accumulations between one quarter to three
tenths of an inch are likely.
* Impacts… widespread hazardous traveling conditions are likely
across northwest Alabama due to the ice accumulations on roads and bridges.